Have you signed up for Ana’s Advent Calendar 2013 yet?
Hello, and Happy Advent. My name is Leigh Ellwood and I write erotic and erotic romance – pretty much every pairing and combination possible. I’m pleased to be part of these festivities and hope everybody is staying warm this month. I live in the South, but am feeling the cold come with a vengeance. I’m grateful to have stocked up on tea and cocoa to get me through.
When I’m not busy writing, I’m plotting this year’s Christmas treats. I usually bake cookies and biscotti – the once a year oatmeal scotchies and peanut butter cookies always go over well here. I also try to make one special treat to share when we visit family. Last time it was pecan pie, and I decided to make this year’s treat more portable.
I love chocolate, especially 70% dark. Doesn’t matter if it’s a bag of M&Ms or a fancy Vosges bar with bacon (you have to try it, trust me), I’ll put it in the stash. Truffles are a particular favorite, though I don’t keep them around because I’ll eat them all. Knowing people are around makes it easier for me to whip up a batch – I’m more mannerly and take only one so everybody else can enjoy.
Here is the recipe I use for dark chocolate truffles. They’re rich and easy to create. It’s a great activity to do with kids, and you don’t necessarily have to roll all of them in cocoa powder. Try some chopped nuts, maybe shredded coconut, or even dip them in white chocolate and make a shell.
Once you have some with a hot cup of tea, why not load up some hot stories on your eBook reader? You’re welcome to try some of my books – check out my backlist at http://www.leighellwood.com and follow me on Twitter @LeighEllwood for updates.
• Approx. 30 oz. dark chocolate
• 2/3 cup cocoa powder in a small bowl
• 1 cup heavy cream
Chop or shave the chocolate into small bits for easier melting. Take about two-thirds of the chocolate and place in a large glass bowl.
On the stove, bring the heavy cream to a boil, careful not to overcook or scorch. Remove immediately from heat after boil and pour into the bowl. Mix and incorporating the cream with the chocolate until you have a thick ganache. Set aside to cool.
While you’re waiting, put the rest of the chocolate bits into a double boiler, or use a glass bowl to fit over a pot of boiling water. Stir until melted completely and the chocolate has a nice sheen. Remove when finished.
Have a tray or plate lined with wax paper ready for assembly. Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out enough chocolate to make a ball shape about one inch in diameter. Roll with your hands, dip in the melted chocolate (you can use a toothpick to enrobe the truffle), then roll in the cocoa powder. Set each truffle on the tray or plate. Repeat, and enjoy!
Today’s question: What is your favorite holiday treat? Feel free to share your recipe or link to the recipe. If you don’t know the recipe, tell us what it looks and tastes like. MM!
All of the comments this year have been amazing, and I hesitated to give a prize for an especially funny one. However, to honor the tradition of the LOL Award begun last year when Jade Cary made me laugh out loud (for trying to call herself vanilla), I hereby present the 2013 LOL Award to none other than:
On yesterday’s post showing a snippet from my upcoming sequel to Desire in Any Language, I asked whether sex or spanking was more intimate. Irishey’s response?
3. Which is more intimate for you, spanking or sex? (Yes, you can only choose one!)
Oh, for Pete’s sake! Lol! I read this post very late last night, and have given this particular question a great deal of thought. I thought I had decided sex can be more intimate, but spanking can be more vulnerable, yet that didn’t seem to hold exactly true to me. I even just now read through the comments to see if I might have overlooked some considerations. Clearly, it depends on so many variables, I may as well flip a coin……
Okay, best 2 out of 3…
Heads – Sex is more intimate.
Tails – Spanking is more intimate.
Heads. Tails. Heads.
Heads it is! Glad that is settled, but I honestly believe both can be equally intimate at different times for various reasons.
Sex is more intimate.
Um. HEADS sex is more intimate and TAILS spanking? Are you serious?? Irishey? Was that double entendre intentional, or have I been hanging around with naughty authors for too long?
And you decide this question with a coin flip? Not any coin flip, but best out of three???
Words fail me. All I could do was laugh hysterically. Honest-to-goodness, split-your-side funny.
As a reward, you will receive Everything Christmas from Maddie Taylor! You have four days to contact her by email to make arrangements for receiving the prize.
Here is Irishey’s intro post from Day 1:
1. Yes, read and understood all four information pages, AND marked the email feeds of those posts as favorites in case the excitement overwhelms me or my memory should fail me.
2. No, I did not participate last year. I wanted to, but illness and other life events conspired against that.
3. I heard about the Advent Calendar this year from you, Ana, on your blog. It is one of the few that fairly consistently feeds to my email, even though often there are hours’ delay, with only a few complete misses here and there.
4. Do I have to choose? I plan to drop by now and then, and my eye is on a Perfect Attendance prize if I have internet access during holiday travel the week of Christmas.
5. What do I hope to win? This sounds suspiciously like a “What is your favorite…” question. Ugh. Lol!
6. A promise not to disappear from blogland again with no warning, and the excitedly frenzied anticipation you’ve built, are what brings me to the Advent Calendar this year. I want to play because I believe this will be a fun way to stay involved in the community. Thank you for providing the opportunity, and making it easy, to do all that.
7. I am Irishey. I am not new to Governing Ana – I lurked your blog early on. Tell you all about me?! I’ve left pieces of me all over the place in my comments on others’ blogs, but I don’t know “what all” I want blogland to know about me in a definitive summary. That is part of why my blog lies dormant. Essentially, I am just me, trying to be a better me for myself, my D and my family. I’ve found the ttwd community helps keeps me aware of, and honest about, that personal desire, and consciously working toward that goal. The bar is set high in many places around here, and I like that.
8. Hello, Maren! So good to see you again, Ms. “In Crowd” Lady! I love that your husband believes you’re the best author in the world without having read your works! Lol! And your children…omg! Hilarious!
Congratulations also to the following 38 contenders for Perfect Attendance! Wow, what a fantastic turnout! Thank you so much for making this year’s Advent Calendar such a blast.
|Angie Kroemer (angieia)|
|Katie T (robskatie)|
Happy Advent Calendar! Today we’re going to try something a bit different. Have you heard of a white elephant gift exchange? There are many different ways to play, but the basic scenario is this:
Everyone brings a wrapped Christmas gift. In some gift exchanges, everyone purchases a gift within a set monetary limit (such as five or ten dollars per gift). In other gift exchanges, people bring from home something that is in good condition but not wanted.
There are many ways to distribute gifts, but the simplest way is to give each gift a number and then have everyone draw a number to determine which gift he or she will receive.
We’re going to do a virtual white elephant gift exchange today, and this is how it will work:
I’ll be the first recipient.
The first person to comment describes a white elephant gift he or she will give me. If you have a blog, feel free to post a picture of the gift and then post the link in the comments. Describe the gift and why you chose it. Try to make it spanking-related! If you must, a vanilla gift substitution is acceptable. I’ll reply to your comment with my reaction to the gift.
The next people to comment describe two white elephant gifts to give to commenters posting before you. If you see anyone who hasn’t received a gift, feel free to add an extra gift. Again, you can describe in detail, post a link to a picture online (such as a product description page on Amazon), or post a link to a picture of the gift on your blog.
Note: please do not post a picture with your comments, or else WordPress rejects it as spam.
Check back to see what “gift” you receive from the next commenter, and post your reaction as a reply.
Oh, and for the last commenter of the day I’ll comment by posting a gift for you.
P.S. To keep things interesting, please don’t duplicate any of the gifts already posted. Thanks!
P.P.S. You don’t *have* to choose an implement, you know!
Not sure how this will work? Take a look at last year’s spanky white elephant gift exchange.
Please, no book promotion.
(Disclaimer: The spanky white elephant gift exchange is for entertainment purposes only. No actual gifts will be given.)
Curious who won the St. Knickerless Day prize? Here’s Ami‘s report:
Dan has gone off to football and even he was interested. He picked a name from a large mixing bowl, but I am keeping the rest of the names in case the person doesn’t want me to send her knickers to her private address.The winner was (roll of drums)
Welcome to Saturday Spankings, Weekend Writing Warriors, Seductive Studs and Sirens, and Snippet Sunday! (If you want to be entered in a prize drawing for today and the grand prize drawing at the end of the month please see links below.)
So far, we’ve had a fairly tame (if hilarious) first week of Ana’s Advent Calendar. Giving Tuesday, St. Knickerless Day, ways to fake earning a spot on Santa’s Nice List…we’ve kept the silliness within (dare I say it?) downright vanilla territory.
Today, I’d like to introduce a bit of sizzle to our conversation. Each Saturday, I showcase eight sentences from one of my books or works in progress. My current WIP is a sequel to Desire in Any Language, a coming-out and coming-of-age story. Mira, studying abroad in South Korea to be a translator, finds herself fascinated by the cultural of corporal punishment. She meets Hana, an alluring but fun-loving diplomat who breaks the rules. The following excerpt is Mira’s memory of their early courtship.
“I don’t want you to fall behind in your schoolwork because you’re seeing me,” she said on our fourth date, when we pretended to watch a film at the local cinema. My answer was lost as she placed her lips over mine, cupping the back of my neck with both hands. I’m sure it broke all of her embassy’s protocol for conduct in a foreign country, but the faintly buttery embrace made me forget my objections.
“I won’t,” I promised, never dreaming she would hold me to it. By our sixth date, strolling around the pond near my dormitory because I couldn’t get security clearance for her housing complex, I knew better.
“Maybe this should be fun,” she whispered, as she propped me against a secluded building for a few warm-up swats. She’d tried to spank me before, but each attempt led to more pressing events. I learned to wear turtlenecks so I could hide the hickeys after our dates.
Advent Calendar players, please choose one or more questions based on their appropriateness for you. This a work-sharing post, so I will not reply to every comment because it tends to be overkill. However, I will read and treasure each one of your responses.
- Have you ever allowed new love to distract you from your responsibilities? How or how not?
- How would you feel if someone swatted your bottom on a second or third date?
- Which is more intimate for you, spanking or sex? (Yes, you can only choose one! Yes, you MUST choose one.)
- Respond to the snippet any way you like.
Desire in Any Language
Mira thought she wanted a spanking. What she got was love.
On her own for the first time, Mira is studying abroad for her translator’s certificate. Unfortunately, the heady excitement of dance clubs, late-night parties, and endless shopping quickly distracts her from her educational goals. Mira’s advisor offers her private tutoring, but the combined pressures of culture and language difference threaten Mira’s progress at school. She is unable to get her act together until she makes a discovery that horrifies and tantalizes her: in her new country, corporal punishment is a way of life. The secret to her academic success just might also fulfill her wildest, unspoken dreams.
Sexy. Seductive. Dangerous. A poignant and compelling read.
SEQUEL: COMING SOON!
Apologies for the belated posting today of the Surprise Day prize! Life has gotten hectic (but fun!), and I’m a bit late with the update. Today’s St. Knickerless Day post may go down in history as the craziest day of Ana’s Advent Calendar 2013.
Renee Meyer, you get to choose a book from Dinah McLeod! You have four days to contact Dinah and make arrangements to receive your prize.
Here is Renee’s intro post from Day 1:
1. Yes, I have read and hopefully understand all four information pages.
2. I did not participate in Ana’s Advent Calendar last year.
3. I found it one day while roaming the web.
4. My goal is perfect attendance but I’m not that great at meeting goals.
5. I would be happy winning anything. I always explain my disgusting lack of luck by saying I really don’t believe in luck so I tend to have no luck. However, it sure sounds like fun meeting others and participating in the excitement.
6. I have never had an Advent Calendar so this seemed like a great hoot. I am really enjoying discovering that there are other like-minded people out there.
7. I’m Renee and I have been married for 20 years. We have two grown children and three teenagers. (Yes, my house can be a little crazy at times). I am a school administrator and also homeschool two of our children. I live near the beach in South Carolina. Our Santa wears a bathing suit and a sun hat. I have not been to governingana before as this is my first time blogging. I had my teenagers teach me so I could participate in this awesome event. I have been blog stalking other spanking blogs for a while and just decided to it was time to put my toe into the water with this event. I enjoy reading all kinds of spanking romance, bdsm, erotica books. I do love how accepting this community is and look forward to watching from the fringe.
8. Hello Maren. I love your stories and sibling rivalry can be so much fun to watch. Have a great day.
Ana – I really appreciate all your work in putting this event together. Have a happy!!!
Please look for her email on the contact information sheet.
The elf in the corner is not me! It’s Emily Tilton! She even said so her very own self. Ask her.
Last year I wrote a series of “naughty elf” Christmas stories inspired by an exchange with Emma Gardner. If you want the stories, go here:
I am now a reformed and law-abiding Head Elf, I promise you! Others, unfortunately, fail to believe me. (I sincerely hope Mrs. Claus spanks them and lets me watch.)
When I asked Minelle to create the artwork for this year’s Advent Calendar, she started chuckling as she drew a naughty elf in the corner. (For the record, I requested Mrs. Claus holding a wooden spoon. Period. No mention of naughty elves!)
Then Katie T (just to point out that this girl’s last name is TROUBLE, so I wouldn’t believe anything she says!), in creating the graphics for Minelle’s artwork online, concocted this far-fetched story that the polka dots in the letter “A” of “Ana’s Advent Calendar” somehow “proved” that I was the elf in the corner.
Luckily for truth, justice, and the American way, Emily stepped up and took ownership. She is the naughty elf! Yet over at Cat’s blog in response to this special meme I wrote for her, the antics grew ever worse. Not only did Cat end up implicating herself in naughtiness, but Ami Starsong let it slip that she owns a pair of “spotty knickers,” as she calls them.
So, because this is Ana and Ana loves a good laugh (don’t we all?) I asked Miss Naughty Ami if she would like to contribute a pair as a prize for the Advent Calendar. Neither of us has been able to say “knicker” or “spotty” with a straight face since then!
Part of the conversation in which Ami and I discussed today’s fun a month ago:
I’m laughing so much at this. Ami’s St. Knickerless prize? lol….
Minelle and Katie had WAY too much fun with that elf stuff. I’m going to post links to last year’s elf stories where Head Elf Ana did indeed get it from Mrs. Claus. I still say this one isn’t me, though. Sue agrees. She says if it were me, the bottom would be a lot redder. LOL who needs enemies with friends like these?
I can just hear your conversation with your husband:
“Honey, can I have seven pounds for a prize, plus postage?”
“Well, I want to send a pair of knickers.”
“Ami, no! Do you know what kind of sick people will come out of the woodwork if you offer that?”
“I don’t mean used ones. Clean ones. Brand new!”
“That’s supposed to make it better?”
“Oh, please let me. It’s for Ana’s Advent Calendar.”
“Why does she want knickers for that? I don’t think you should talk to that girl anymore. She sounds like an odd duck.”
“No, Dan, I swear, it’s not like that!”
Ami’s response to me a few days ago, after I’d threatened dire action if she didn’t tell him about her prize:
How did you come up with the name for St. Knickerless Day?
Why did you decide to donate a pair of knickers to Ana’s Advent Calendar?
No, seriously. What were you thinking?
Are you expecting a barn burner and/or come to Jesus meetin’ for pulling this stunt?
What are your favorite shops for buying knickers?
How many do you own?
Do you ever buy knickers after drinking too much sloe gin?
What is the difference between spotty knickers and polka-dot panties?
What will you do if a man wins today’s prize?
How will you explain your behavior to Mrs. Claus?
Who is the real elf in the corner?
What message would you like to give to the Advent Calendar players today?
5 Mrs Claus has lots of wooden spoons – for cake-making, pudding mixing, a jam spoon etc. If you had to pick a spoon to be spanked with, which would you choose, and why?