Thanks to a lovely response last week, I’d like to give Thursday Thankfulness another try. Life has been a bit strange this week, so I am getting to it one day late. I admit that I’m not really feeling it today (or yesterday), but isn’t that when we need thankfulness the most? Please join me in a thankfulness post and add your note of thankfulness in the comments, will you? I’d love that. Today’s motto is one of my favorite sayings:
What if you woke up today with only the things you gave thanks for yesterday?
That one sentence has changed my attitude toward thankfulness more than all of the sermons and nauseating preachiness. Really, what if I only had today things I appreciated yesterday? Not much. Oops. I’ll change that today.
- I’m thankful to wake up to clean linens on a nice bed in a bedroom that is safe, clean(ish), and protected. I’m thankful that I don’t have to worry about someone coming into my room at night to hurt me, and I’m thankful that I live in a situation where I can leave bedroom doors open. Not everyone, including children, has this luxury.
- I am thankful for my Kindle Fire that plays the television reruns of my favorite shows. It’s also smashing for reading PDF files. I feel like such a techy geek when I have both my Kindle Fire and computer working at the same time.
- I’m thankful for access to as much internet, electricity, water, and heating/air conditioning as I want and can choose to pay for. When I grumble about the rising bills (sharp rise in costs while income stays the same), I need to remind myself that some people have to pay inordinate sums of money or are unable to obtain this kind of luxury even if they do have money. Remember when America Online charged per minute for internet access?
- (I admit I’m struggling to find a fourth.) I’m thankful for silly internet photos/videos and friends who send them my way when I ask for something cheerful. Thank you to everyone who has sent me something cute, fun, or funny today to bring a smile to my face.
- I’m thankful for talented friends/colleagues who are laboring over Bastia artwork and my very first book trailer! Thank you.
That’s all for now, but I’ll have another sneak preview of Becoming Clissine tonight for Saturday Spankings.
What are you thankful for today?