What a great first day of the Advent Calendar! Seven hours in, we already have a wonderful discussion going. It’s great to meet new faces and find connections.
Today continues the tradition begun last year: Surprise Checks!
Prizes will be awarded during random “surprise checks” throughout the month. It may be the first person to post on a certain day, a randomly selected commenter on a randomly selected day, the first person to mention a secret word, or anything else. Surprise!
One of the traditions of the Advent Calendar is the “Early Bird” surprise check. The first commenter on the first day wins a prize.
Roz Harrison (of Roz in His Hands) managed to earn the first-place commenter spot with 20 minutes to spare. Way to go, Roz! This is her comment:
Yay! Let the fun begin!
1. Yes, I have read and understood all 4 information pages
2. Sadly, no, I didn’t not participate in Ana’s advent calendar last year
3. I heard about the advent calendar this year through this blog and several others
4. I plan to participate every day and will be doing my best to make sure I do
5. I’m here for the fun, but if I should happen to win a prize, even better! I’m not picky
6. I want to play to enjoy being amongst my online friends and also to hopefully meet some new friends. Also to help get me in the Christmas spirit
7. I’m Roz and I’ve been following Governing Ana ever since I started my own blog some 22 months ago. I am in a DD relationship with my HoH Rick and we live in New Zealand, which means Christmas is summer time for us. BBQ’s, beaches etc. Yay!
8. Hello Ana! ( I believe I’m the first commenter, although by the time I hit publish someone else may have beaten me to it!) I enjoyed your answers to these questions and want to thank you sincerely for organising this wonderful event. Thanks also to your elf helpers and all those who have contributed in some way.
As a reward, you win a copy of The Winner: Romantek Book One by Patricia Green. Roz, please contact Patricia by finding her email address on the contact information list. You have four days to email Patricia and make arrangements to receive the prize.
Thank you for playing, Roz, and thank you for donating the prize, Patricia!
Have questions? Read the FAQ!
How will I know if I win a prize?
Prize announcements will be posted right here on governingana.wordpress.com.
I won a prize. Now what do I do?
Look for a post listing all contributors and email addresses. Email the person who donated your prize. You may want to use “Advent Calendar 2013″ as a subject line. Be sure to say thank you!
My prize donor doesn’t have an email address listed.
Two authors, Ann Mayburn and Sharon Buchbinder, have requested to contact the prize winner directly. Wait 2–3 days, and if you hear nothing let me know.
Publishers and other non-author prize donors will be contacted on your behalf.
I contacted the prize donor, but I haven’t gotten a response.
Wait 2-3 days and then leave a comment on your prize announcement post. I will message the donor and see if the email got lost.
I’m an author, but I haven’t heard from the winner. What should I do?
Winners have four days to contact you. If you have not gotten an email by then, let me know and I will choose another winner for your prize.