The day we have awaited is here! Advent Calendar, Day 1 has arrived to brighten the snow-filled (for some of us) dark winter days (again, for some of us). Our European and Asian/Australian friends are already into their afternoon and evening. 🙂
Congratulations to the 85 registrants who earned a bonus prize entry by signing up early!
First, some orders of business. Because we have a lot of new people signing up for the Advent Calendar this year and it’s a big event, there are some posts you should read if you haven’t already done so:
Your comments will only count as prize entries if you have signed up (correctly!). If you haven’t done so already, sign up now. Warning!
I will no longer accept incomplete sign-ups. If you fail to include the necessary information (name, email address, and book preferences), you will be disqualified. Read the instructions, please!
First of all, I’d like to offer an enormous thank you to the 83 authors, publishers, reviewers, and companies who donated 150+ books, $200 in gift certificates, and $500 in tangible prizes to make this year’s Advent Calendar a blast! Check out the prize list here–it’s jaw-dropping!
Thank you to everyone who has posted, tweeted, and spread word of the event to your friends. Without you, this event couldn’t happen. My hat goes off to you with sincere thanks.
This month we’ll cover topics including getting on the Good Girls and Boys Nice List, how to get a spanking, Christmas trees, favorite holiday memories from some international members, remembrances of loved ones who will share this holiday in our hearts, pet peeves, how to avoid the commercialism/consumerism of the holidays, and many more.
My questions for you today are simple but many. 🙂
- Have you read and understood all four information pages? (There is only one correct answer to this question!)
- Did you participate in Ana’s Advent Calendar last year?
- How did you hear about the Advent Calendar this year?
- Do you plan to drop by now and then, or is your eye on a Perfect Attendance prize?
- Which prize(s) are you hoping to win?
- What brings you to the Advent Calendar this year? Why do you want to play?
- Who are you? Are you new to Governing Ana, or have you been here before? Tell us about yourself.
- Say hello and respond to the person who has commented before you. (If you are the first commenter, you can respond to me.)
Here are my answers:
1. Yes, I have read and understood the information pages, and I will follow the instructions!
2. Yes, I loved meeting many new people for Ana’s Advent Calendar last year. It was wonderful.
3. I heard about the Advent Calendar when I came up with the idea. 🙂
4. I will be here every day, but I won’t get to win a perfect attendance prize. Maybe I should change the rules. 😉
5. I won’t be able to win any prizes, but I will win by getting to know all of you and enjoying a fun time. Also, I think Rogue might let me keep one of the Christmas cards. 🙂
6. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and I love being able to share it with my online family. Thank you to everyone who has helped to make this event special.
7. I’ve been at Governing Ana since the very beginning. I am a blogger-turned-author, but originally I came here to blog about my domestic discipline relationship. I write stories of F/F DD because I’ve never been able to find stories that showed two women in a domestic discipline relationship. I like to cook, I’ve lived abroad, and I adore babies. I have been known to choose churches and friends based on the availability of babies to spoil. 😀 I’ve been trying to get a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) volunteering spot at the local hospital for over a month. I’m also a supporter of organ donation. I adore Mother Gothel, and my favorite spanking implement is a hairbrush (wooden spoon is a close second).
8. I’ll say hello to the last person who comments. 🙂
Thank you so much for playing! Let’s have a wonderful month.