Ana’s Advent Calendar 2013 hit a special milestone late last night: 100 registrants! Currently (pending some frantic elf-scurrying to tally all the registrations and comments) we have 108 people signed up for the Advent Calendar. Wow, wow, wow! Let me tell you, this hubbub is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I love it!!
Quote of the day, thanks to Miss Not-so-innocent Paula Wyant: “I’m not nuts, I’m condiments. I’ve been promoted.”
Yep, that’s us. Silly, nutty, condiment-y, zany us. I love each and every one of you. Your comments crack me up, make me sigh for the right reasons, and restore my faith in the sanctity of safe spaces. Thank you for coming to my party, playing in my sandbox, and honoring the spirit of Governing Ana. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making this event such a brilliant endeavor. What I love about today’s post is that already you are talking to each other, bantering, swapping information, helping each other out, and learning more about each other. WOW! Dream come true. Yes. Dream.
So the three hours it took me to respond to comments was a bit long, but really, I wouldn’t give it up for the world. It’s such an honor and privilege to host you. I know I sound like a broken record, gushing all the time, but each one of you makes me proud. Thank you.
Now! Sue will pick five (yes, FIVE!) winners for her book, Hanna’s Awakening, tomorrow, but for today I’d like to celebrate reaching the 100 registrants milestone! I put all registered names in the hat and picked one at random (okay, I used random.org, but a hat sounds cooler!).
Guess who won?
None other than MINELLE, our lady of fifteen font colors!
Here is her introduction post:
1)Yes! Although just to mess with you I was tempted to say no.
2) I absolutely participated you were my first Advent Calendar.
3) Seriously???? Actually I think it was you and your blog ….plus I drew naughty elf Ana for the event!
4) I will come every day and want perfect attendance…but not to get a prize …but, because I love the challenge and it is great to participate.
5) I will be happy to win anything…or nothing. I will be excited for anyone to win. Now maybe I hope that Cat or Ami will win the spatula set! I wil gladly share if I do.
6) I would never miss this exciting event, I love the community spirit it engenders!! Christmas is my favorite time of the year.
7) I am Minelle, a wife mother sister and friend. I am an artist and a teacher. I am a bit crazy and busy in my life I can SOMETIMES need reigning in because my life gets a bit overwhelming. I hope to come here to step away from craziness and remember the meaning of the Holidays!
8) Pao Hi!!!! I feel we know each other a bit after commenting over on Kat and Natalie’s stories.
Sheesh Ana I had to copy and paste the questions so I could remember to answer all the questions!!! Now I bet I will need to comment again since It took me so long to finish my answers. I think I need to speak with Mrs Claus!!
I swear this was totally random and not in ANY way influenced by Minelle drawing the artwork. I swear. My hand on Mrs. Claus’ wooden spoon.
She wins The Story of L: Odyssey by LA Cloutier. Minelle, you have four days to contact LA (check the prize donor contact info page) and make arrangements to receive your prize.
Congratulations, Minelle! Thank you for playing, everyone!
You have 6 hours and 3 minutes left to comment on today’s post and earn an entry toward the grand prizes! Get going!