All of the comments this year have been amazing, and I hesitated to give a prize for an especially funny one. However, to honor the tradition of the LOL Award begun last year when Jade Cary made me laugh out loud (for trying to call herself vanilla), I hereby present the 2013 LOL Award to none other than:
On yesterday’s post showing a snippet from my upcoming sequel to Desire in Any Language, I asked whether sex or spanking was more intimate. Irishey’s response?
3. Which is more intimate for you, spanking or sex? (Yes, you can only choose one!)
Oh, for Pete’s sake! Lol! I read this post very late last night, and have given this particular question a great deal of thought. I thought I had decided sex can be more intimate, but spanking can be more vulnerable, yet that didn’t seem to hold exactly true to me. I even just now read through the comments to see if I might have overlooked some considerations. Clearly, it depends on so many variables, I may as well flip a coin……
Okay, best 2 out of 3…
Heads – Sex is more intimate.
Tails – Spanking is more intimate.
Heads. Tails. Heads.
Heads it is! Glad that is settled, but I honestly believe both can be equally intimate at different times for various reasons.
Sex is more intimate.
Um. HEADS sex is more intimate and TAILS spanking? Are you serious?? Irishey? Was that double entendre intentional, or have I been hanging around with naughty authors for too long?
And you decide this question with a coin flip? Not any coin flip, but best out of three???
Words fail me. All I could do was laugh hysterically. Honest-to-goodness, split-your-side funny.
As a reward, you will receive Everything Christmas from Maddie Taylor! You have four days to contact her by email to make arrangements for receiving the prize.
Here is Irishey’s intro post from Day 1:
1. Yes, read and understood all four information pages, AND marked the email feeds of those posts as favorites in case the excitement overwhelms me or my memory should fail me.
2. No, I did not participate last year. I wanted to, but illness and other life events conspired against that.
3. I heard about the Advent Calendar this year from you, Ana, on your blog. It is one of the few that fairly consistently feeds to my email, even though often there are hours’ delay, with only a few complete misses here and there.
4. Do I have to choose? I plan to drop by now and then, and my eye is on a Perfect Attendance prize if I have internet access during holiday travel the week of Christmas.
5. What do I hope to win? This sounds suspiciously like a “What is your favorite…” question. Ugh. Lol!
6. A promise not to disappear from blogland again with no warning, and the excitedly frenzied anticipation you’ve built, are what brings me to the Advent Calendar this year. I want to play because I believe this will be a fun way to stay involved in the community. Thank you for providing the opportunity, and making it easy, to do all that.
7. I am Irishey. I am not new to Governing Ana – I lurked your blog early on. Tell you all about me?! I’ve left pieces of me all over the place in my comments on others’ blogs, but I don’t know “what all” I want blogland to know about me in a definitive summary. That is part of why my blog lies dormant. Essentially, I am just me, trying to be a better me for myself, my D and my family. I’ve found the ttwd community helps keeps me aware of, and honest about, that personal desire, and consciously working toward that goal. The bar is set high in many places around here, and I like that.
8. Hello, Maren! So good to see you again, Ms. “In Crowd” Lady! I love that your husband believes you’re the best author in the world without having read your works! Lol! And your children…omg! Hilarious!
Congratulations also to the following 38 contenders for Perfect Attendance! Wow, what a fantastic turnout! Thank you so much for making this year’s Advent Calendar such a blast.
|Angie Kroemer (angieia)|
|Katie T (robskatie)|