“Yes, Anastasia. Does it have to be right now? I’m busy sorting out all the spotty knicker requests flooding in. What on earth has happened?”
“Um…ah…I don’t know…exactly.”
“Anastasia Peppermint-Twist, what did you do?”
“Nothing! I swear. Exactly.”
“You’ll be the death of me, child.”
“I only wish.”
“What did you say?”
“Nothing, ma’am. I love you?”
“Right, that’s enough messing about. What do you want? And make it quick.”
“Well, I want to give more than one prize today.”
“Two? That’s fine.”
“Maybe more than two.”
“Anastasia, out with it before I turn you over my knee.”
“Oh, no! Um, four. Four. Can I have four prizes, please?”
“Four? Do you think the North Pole is made out of money?”
“No, ma’am, actually Ami asked about that the other day and some people said the North Pole is made out of cotton candy and when we have snowball fights it’s really with ice cream and…”
“Anastasia, fine. You can have your prizes if you stop this nonsense. Who are the winners, and why will they get prizes?”
“Thank you! Thank you! Um, Michelle B won a random drawing out of all the Day 9 commenters. And Angel won a random drawing of the first 16 commenters today. And…”
“Well, there are two people who have touched the hearts of many here. Ria wrote about her sister, and we’re all so very glad she has her sister safe and sound. Joanne Best has been so generous in her joys about the calendar, and we’re all cheering for her to make it through her first Christmas without her mom.”
“What will you give for prizes? No more spotty knickers. The Lingerie Elves can’t keep up at this rate already!”
“No ma’am, I promise. Michelle B wins a lovely holiday photo card of the Advent Calendar logo. Angel wins Three Strikes and You’re in Love by Nancy Levine. I’d like to give Joanne and Ria a book of their choice from Anastasia Vitsky’s book list. Please?”
“Very well, Anastasia. But…”
“Aw, now what?”
“I mean yes ma’am of course ma’am whatever you say ma’am.”
“That’s enough silliness, miss. I expect you to be on your best behavior at all times, or we might need to have a little ‘discussion’ about you trying to use my name as a threat. Understood?”
“OUCH! What was that for–I mean yes, ma’am. Owwww. Thank you for helping me to be a good girl. I’ll go announce the prizes now, please?”
“And tell the others to watch their behavior, too. Mrs. Claus is always watching.”
“Just like Roz…OUCH!! I mean yes, ma’am, I understand.”
Introduction posts from Michelle B and Ria (Joanne’s has already been posted, and Angel did not participate the first day)
Have you read and understood all four information pages? umm yeah?
Did you participate in Ana’s Advent Calendar last year? nope 1st timer!
How did you hear about the Advent Calendar this year? from the horse’s mouth
Do you plan to drop by now and then, or is your eye on a Perfect Attendance prize? will do my best to visit daily!
Which prize(s) are you hoping to win? I’m easy… and I won’t cry if I walk away prize-less
What brings you to the Advent Calendar this year? pleasing the mistress
Why do you want to play? again – pleasing the mistress
Who are you? Michelle of course!
Are you new to Governing Ana, or have you been here before? New
Tell us about yourself. – Hi I’m Michelle I’m not a writer but I occasionally read a kinky story now and aain when th emood strikes my fancy I live in Canada with hubby and our dog Belle. Not much else to say! I’m here because Mistress (I call her Madam) Ana brought me here… heehee
I am a little like you – lost in this activity. However, it sounds exciting and fun; so, I thought I’d give it a shot. Here goes:
1. I have read and understand all the “Ground Rules for participation”. Were those the four information pages Ana referred to?
2. No, I did not participate last year.
3. I was browsing through Blushing Books and the cartoon drawing caught my attention.
4. I plan to check in every day. But I do not know if I will leave a comment… I am normally on at 4:00 am EST (it is the only time I can get a few mins to myself). However, since Ana says she will post between 6 – 8 EST, I do not know if any comment I provide would get registered, :-).
5. I would be nice to win a gift certificate to Amazon or Blushing Books. I practically live on those sites when I am not dealing with the real world.
6. I am curious – I have never done anything like this. I must be going through a mid-life crisis, :-0.
7. I am brand new to Governing Ana. Never heard of it before. I am a transplant to the US and have 3 grown children. I am an intensely private person (which is why I am very surprised that I am doing this). I very rarely blog. Though I have a Facebook account, I only use it to wish others well or to find out what is happening with family and friends. I am not in any relationship. My greatest weakness is reading (well actually purchasing books). Like Leona, I do not have a lot of money to spend on books, but I spend any extra I have on books. What I enjoy is shopping for books on Amazon. I select a book, and they provide so many alternatives that 2 hours later, I am still browsing and having fun, :-). I have 2 kindles – a first generation (which is on its last legs) and a 3rd gen which I purchased for my eldest son. However, since he has since purchased an ipad for himself, I absconded with his gift (which I enjoy). I also enjoy paperbacks, so I am a member of BooksFree.
8. Hi Leona – because we may be in similar situations (i.e. strapped for cash, :-0), I do the majority of my shopping under Amazon, by:
(a) Select the Kindle department
(b) Enter in the search criteria – Free books…(you can enter any additional criteria eg. spanking, ageplay, blushing books, etc.). Their search engine is terrific. I have purchased over 2000 free books (yes, honestly, that much). I have also purchased over 2000 paid books (the majority of them are less than $3, :-0). As an avid reader, I devour books and could not afford to purchase as much as I read.
- Day 1: Welcome and Introductions
- Day 2: Have You Been Naughty?
- Day 3: The Christmas Story, Part 3
- Day 4: Giving Tuesday and making a difference
- Day 5: Keeping the magic alive
- Day 6: St. Knickerless Day
- Day 7: Maybe this should be fun
- Day 8: 2nd Annual Spanky White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Day 9: Holiday recipes
- Day 10: My Hero, Mister Rogers