It’s been such a whirlwind that I won’t be able to write much today, but I wanted to say thank you for all the sweet messages and good luck wishes. What a wonderful first day! Highlights:
- Meeting authors who also write F/F
- Getting to talk face-to-face with friends I’ve only known online
- Going to a sex toys panel (yes, I said that word!) and getting to watch the very expressive Allison Cassatta get tied up by Brenda Cothern
- An author bellowing in the middle of the hallway, “WHERE IS THE SPANKING SURVEY?” She proceeded to edit the answer to add “get naked” to two of them.
- Offering to hand out cookies during my first panel (Author Etiquette) and asking which kind, only to hear, “All of them!”
- The very sweet people (you know who you are!) who said that my table was their favorite place to hang out, chatting and eating cookies and having fun
- The lovely reviewers who gave me their business cards and asked me to send them my F/F books
- Kind helpers who carried bags for me
The cookies and quiz have been a hit! Today, I’m going to hand out cookie and milk shaped cards with people’s names written in Korean (tie-in to Mira). Since I got over the fear of showing my face and admitting I am a spanking fiction author (thank you, kind friend who gave me the pep talk when I got nervous), it’s been a blast.
Who wants more cookies? See you at Rainbow Con!