My air conditioner has broken for the second time in a month, and we’re experiencing a heatwave these days. I feel more like complaining than expressing thankfulness, but isn’t this the time we need thankfulness the most? 🙂
Today, I’m thankful for:
- Snopes. What a great resource for finding out which latest viral social media posts are hoaxes.
- Friends who offer their air-conditioned home and baby when my air conditioning goes on the fritz during a heatwave.
- Air conditioning in my car.
- Fun new book–Once Upon a Marriage by Sara Daniel. My review:
M/F is not my go-to genre, but Sara’s snippets grabbed my attention. Exquisite writing, lovely mixture of humor (The three army surgeons run a prosthetics clinic? LOL!), and a heart-enriching tale of a man fighting to save his marriage. It was enough to make this conservative reader cheer for the sex scenes. Well done, Sara!But a word of caution: Don’t re-read the Grimm fairy tale first. Let yourself be surprised as you read.
- Discovering some great new Twitter accounts yesterday while Facebook was down #LGBT is a great hashtag!
- My peace lily is taking its time dying. This means I can pretend it’s not dead yet. *sigh*
- However, my jade and philodendron are thriving. The spider plant is growing so fast that it needs to be repotted soon. I have to brush the leaves out of the way to sit down. 😀
- Great edits for Living in Sin! That means three publications (count ’em, three: Ana Adored, Living in Sin, and Taliasman) are in edits. Phew!
- All of you lovely readers who still drop by even when I can’t get to your comments. I read and enjoy every single one, I promise. ❤
What are you thankful for today?