Just a quick one before I begin my day. 🙂
- I’m thankful that my church secretary was very kind when she heard I’d broken the ornamental cross on the pastor’s chalice. Oops! Crossing my fingers we can fix it with some glue or it won’t be too expensive to get a replacement.
- Thankful for quiet nights of sleep without a one-year-old screaming.
- Thankful that demanding house guest left on her own, without my need to intervene.
- Thankful to have my life back!
- Thankful that, if house guest’s allegations against her husband were untrue, that I took what steps I could to mitigate the harm I’d caused. Domestic violence is such a hot-button issue that I leapt first and thought later. If her story was true, I’m glad I could keep her safe. If her story was not true, I’m glad I no longer am participating in the charade.
- Thankful for the overwhelming support when I needed it the most. Thank you. ❤
- Thankful for friends who don’t give advice unless specifically asked for it. I wrote this yesterday:
Anyone can give advice. Casual, thoughtless, and often hurtful, advice-givers judge and criticize.
But to listen, to understand, and to empathize with a fellow human being and recognize that we are limited in our abilities but care about each other…ah, yes. Give me a listening and understanding friend over an advice-giver any day. #letsmaketheworldbetter
Thankful that tomorrow I will get to celebrate my friend’s life while surrounded by the friends and family who loved her the most. It’s sad thinking of how many people in my life never got to meet her. I’m glad to be surrounded by a community of people who knew and loved her.
There are others, but I have to run to church to beg forgiveness for breaking the chalice. 🙂 Hugs and much love to everyone.
What is your thankfulness this week?