Phew! Lots going on, so here’s a quick rundown:
- Fabulous Spank or Treat event this year! Can you believe it’s our third annual party? Three years ago, a few authors and I cobbled together a few mini-stories and a Halloween event. *misty eyed* Now, it’s grown into a multi-part celebration of kink, romance, and community. Thanks for continuing to make these events special!
- I have contacted the majority of the prize winners. Erzabet will contact the rest tonight. Let me know if you haven’t received any response within a few days.
- Spank or Treat 2014 the anthology is now available for purchase on Amazon as well as Smashwords and ARe! It’s only 99 cents.
- If you are a VIP this time and earned a completion bonus, you are entitled to a free Kindle copy of the anthology! I sent out a group email, but I only received responses from 6 of the 22 VIPs. Respond to the email if you want your free book. 🙂 You’ll get to read extended versions of many of the stories.
- The Spank or Treat 2014 Afterparty will be held tomorrow at 4 PM EDT. If you want to attend, send me a message on Facebook and I will add you.
- Taliasman continues to do well! It’s earned 9 five-star reviews in its first week and a half, and it’s climbed as high as #5. These are amazing numbers for an author who was told a decade and a half ago that no one would read F/F. An author who continues to be told that F/F doesn’t sell, it’s not worth it, and I should give up. I’m proud to be part of the Decadent team and join with some fabulous, talented, professional authors who have helped this little book climb the charts. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, readers, who have read my books from the very beginning–and those who have joined only recently.
- Ana’s Advent Calendar 2014 signups have begun! If you would like to donate one or more books, gift certificates, or in-kind prizes (such as a goody bag), let me know. Remember: you can donate prizes AND still play! You’ll just be ineligible to win your own prize. 🙂
Finally, this last bit of news is the most exciting of all. A group of authors, publishers, and I have teamed up to create Something Good, an informal coalition dedicated to providing homeless LGBT youth with Kindles and LGBT ebooks. If you would like to be part of the project, please message me on Facebook and I will add you to the group.
This group is dedicated to providing Kindles and LGBT ebooks for Lost-N-Found Youth, a non-profit in Atlanta, GA that helps homeless LGBT youth.
Our goal is to get books to the kids that show them, “It’s okay to be me.” Some of us never had that for our generation, and we want to provide that for the upcoming generation.
We would like to provide the shelter with Kindles that the residents can use to read, develop literacy, and find stories that give them a vision of a better life. We want to give each resident a personal library to fill his/her head with good thoughts instead of negative ones.
At this point, we have financial commitments for thirteen Kindles to equip every resident in the current shelter plus contribute a few for use in the drop-in center. Our ultimate goal is to provide every resident with a Kindle and continue equipping new residents with Kindles as they rotate into the shelter.
Those with good memories will remember Lost-N-Found Youth as one of the recipients of Giving Tuesday for last years Ana’s Advent Calendar. For this year Advent Calendar, I’ll showcase an interview with Lost-N-Found’s executive director and include photos of our Kindles.
If you write LGBT fiction, particularly YA (young adult), NA (new adult), or non-erotic adult, please contact me if you are able to donate books toward the project. We want kids off drugs and hooked on books. 🙂
Even if you don’t write LGBT fiction, let me know if you would like to support the effort.
Are you planning to make a purchase at Best Buy this year?
Friends, I’m asking for your help. A donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, has a gift certificate for $316 to Best Buy. This donor wants it to be used to buy Kindles for Lost-N-Found Youth. I am able to use the card to buy Kindles from Best Buy; however, I am able to get a better rate directly from Amazon.
Is anyone going to make a Best Buy purchase of $316 or more? Would you be willing to give me an Amazon gift certificate for $316 and take this one instead?
Full disclosure: I receive no compensation, financial or otherwise, for this project. All time and funds are given to Lost-N-Found Youth.
Happy Halloween! Happy Spank or Treat! Happy everything. 😀