- Sign up sheet (to play)
- Register prize donations
- Code of conduct
- 2013 FAQ (will be updated with a few changes for this year)
The post about my recent trip delivering Kindles to Lost-N-Found for Something Good has been postponed due to some unexpected personal difficulties. I hope to have it ready for you by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Instead, I’ve moved a perennial favorite forward a few days.
One of my favorite events for last year’s Advent Calendar was the Christmas Carol Sing-a-long. Take a look, but be prepared to wait several minutes for the links to load. It’s a HUGE post with massive comments. We will follow (or flout) the same rules as last year. If you know songs for Hanukkah, Solstice, or other December holidays, please include those.
A repeat of the rules, with a few slight modifications:
PLEASE ONLY POST ONE LINK PER COMMENT. Otherwise, WordPress flags your comment as spam. If you want to put up multiple songs/lyrics/translations, post multiple comments. (You can comment as many times as you want.)
- Post a song title, a lyric, or translation of a holiday carol. (Translation must be a REAL one, not fed through Google translator.)
- Look at the previous song titles, lyrics, or translations. Guess the title, add to the lyrics, or guess the language (by replying to the comment).
- Get confused.
- Ask other people for help who are just as confused as you are.
- Have fun!
Nantes per nives
in aperta traha
trans agros imus
laetissimi nos canimus
canticum hac nocte.
O tantum est gaudium
Dum vehimur in traha! Ha!
(The next person should guess the language or the English title of the song.)
Come, they told me pa-rum-bum-bum-bum.
(The next person should guess the title of the song or give the next line.)
(The next person should give the first line or a translation in a different language.)
If you have a blog, feel free to add to the fun! Put up:
- a link or embedded video clip
- translations in languages whose alphabets are not supported by the wordpress comment box
- additional information about your favorite song
- anything related to Christmas carols!Be sure to give us the link so we can go and check it out.
Challenge: How many languages can we represent in today’s sing-a-long?
- Day 1: Welcome and Introductions
- Day 2: Giving Tuesday
- Day 3: 2nd Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange
- Day 4: Hating the Elf on the Shelf
- Day 5: Blue Christmas
- Day 6: St. Knickerless Day
- Day 7: Beyond Fairytales
- Day 8: Beginner’s Guide to Lesfic