Seven months ago, I said goodbye to my father. This is a small summary of what his life taught me.
- Teachers are superheroes.
- Books are the best things in the entire world.
- Nobody will love a little girl like her daddy.
- Work hard.
- Hot cookies taste better with cold milk.
- Don’t be afraid to look stupid.
- Don’t be too cool to try something fun.
- When people are mean to you, they’ve probably got something crappy going on at home.
- Hold the door open for the person after you.
- Be honest.
- Be humble.
- When you are proud of someone you love, let it show.
- Boys are stupid.
- Don’t show your students an educational video that describes the length of a whale’s penis.
- If you accidentally show your students said video, flee the school before parents make phone calls.
- Never think yourself too important to apologize when you are wrong.
- Accept gifts, no matter how small, with the same love that they are given.
- Deep down, people are good.
Love you, Dad.